Control Data Australia Memories compiled by Brian Membrey
The Court Jester
270 Chapel Street, Prahran
Ron Bird suggests it was a favourite after-
One of the smaller of the hotels we used as a lunch venue.
The Post Office Hotel was first licensed on 1 July, 1864 to Henry Thresher -
Amongst the early references to the hotel is an advertisement for the sales of surplus beer kegs under Thresher's name -
The Court Jester name first appeared in 1973 after the original Post Office Hotel was either re-
The most famous publican was certainly Richmond captain-
The original building has been totally gutted and replaced with an ultra-
The first level of the building (function unknown) remains similar to the original.
|Post Office Club|